Illumifacial is a highly successful treatment, using a new a unique combination of specialist Lynton skincare together with powerful, medical-grade Lynton IPL technology.
Illumifacial is perfect for
- Reducing Acne
- Tightening Skin
- Leaving Skin Soft & Smooth
- Reducing Wrinkles and Producing Collagen
- Improving Skin Tone
- Hydrating Skin
The treatment takes about an hour and consists of four main steps:
- Cleanse – The first step in achieving clear, healthy, radiant skin will involve a deep cleanse, using a specialist formulation to remove any impurities.
- Tri-Fruit Acid Peel – Following a deep cleanse, a unique Ti-Fruit Acid Lynton Peel will be applied to your skin, for anywhere between 3-10 minutes. This peel resurfaces skin texture and decongests pores, priming the skin ready for stage 3 of illumifacial.
- Lynton IPL – Post fruit peel, your skin will be at its optimum condition for the application of the award-winning Lynton Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment. This works by both stimulating collagen and targeting any discoloration on your skin e.g freckles, pigmentation, vascular breakouts, general redness. In most cases, the results are instant, providing you with dramatically clearer, firmer skin.
- Hydrate + Protect – To help maximise the results of your illumifacial treatment, a trio of specialist serums will be applied to your skin post-IPL, helping soothe, regenerate and protect your skin.
Illumifacial is a very quick, comfortable treatment which is designed to provide you with ‘optimum skin health’. Some people will feel a slightly tingling sensation when the fruit peel is first applied, but it very quickly subsides. The IPL aspect of this treatment can sometimes be mildly uncomfortable – most people describe the discomfort as feeling like a ‘quick pinprick’ and ‘warm feeling’, which is very tolerable.
Benefits: This is ideal treatment for those clients who do not like the idea of ‘injectables’.
Contraindications: Few situations exist in which the ILLUMI FACIAL is contraindicated for treatment. However, as with any other laser or Intense Pulsed Light equipment, side effects can occur in a minority of clients. A comprehensive medical history is taken at the consultation. Your clinician will advise you of your suitability of treatment.
The main contraindications are those clients with keloid scarring, and photosensitive medications such as roaccutane. Treatment should be delayed for a couple of weeks after botox and dermal filler treatment.
A test patch is required prior to treatment.
Results and Longevity: An initial course of treatment of 3-6 sessions is recommended for the best results. Then a single ‘maintenance’ appointment may be preferred to keep up with results. These maintenances appointments can vary between three – six months depending on your own requirements.