After every procedure, we will give you very comprehensive aftercare advice. However, if anything is not clear or you forget anything, here are a few reminders.
These anticipated injection related reactions are temporary and typically resolve within 7-14 days.
- Do not touch the treated area for at least 6 hours or apply makeup. This is to reduce the chances of infection in the treated area.
- Do not consume excessive alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not do any aerobic exercise for 24 hours after the procedure.
- To cover up the redness because of the treatment, you can apply a clean, light mineral based makeup after the 6 hour recovery period.
- A clean cool pack can be applied directly to the treated area to decrease the swelling. You can also take a Paracetamol for any discomfort but avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Nurofen or other Anti-Inflammatories as this may increase bruising
- If you get any bruising do apply ice. If you bruise easily, you may want to take arnica tablets for 1 day before the procedure and for 5 days afterwards. Patients taking Aspirin and similar medication should be aware that the medication could increase bruising and bleeding at the site of injection. Makeup can be applied 6 hours post treatment to cover up the bruising.
- If you are prone to cold sores (herpes) around the mouth, and this is the area which you want to be treated, ask your GP to prescribe Zovirax tablets for you, to be taken just before and for a few days after the procedure.
- We will massage the areas treated thoroughly straight after the treatment, but you can do some gentle massage at home over a clean cloth, especially if you feel lumpiness.
- Try to avoid sun beds and saunas for 3-4 days after the procedure. Sun exposure will reduce the persistence of the product. Wear sunscreen at all times.
- When the lips are injected the initial swelling may last longer, sometimes it can take up to a week and the lips may look uneven during that time.
- Mineral based make up can be applied immediately after the procedure. But it is better to avoid any make up.
- Do not apply any creams which contain alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA).
If there is anything which is not clear, if you feel that you are getting any side effects or if you are not sure that results have come up to your expectations, do contact us and we can try to address your worries over the phone or arrange a follow up appointment.