Botox Treatment Information
General Advice Following Botox Treatment (please consult with your provider if you have not received Botox post treatment advice)
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for the 1st hour after your Botox treatment (for example facial gestures like frowning, raising your eyebrows and squinting). This will work the injection into your muscles. Although this may help the Botox procedure outcome, it will not impact on your treatment adversely if you forget to.
- Do not have a facial, nor rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Do not lie down or do strenuous exercise for 3 hours after treatment. Also, avoid any exposure to a sauna, hot tub or tanning for 4 hours.
- Please be aware that some patients experience a mild headache after the Botox treatment. If this happens you take Paracetamol as needed.
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Nurofen or other Anti-Inflammatories as this may increase bruising.
- Any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your Botox treatment. There is a small risk of bruising. If this does occur, it will only be temporary and can easily be covered with makeup.
- Botox takes 3 to 5 days to begin to work. The Botox treatment can take up to 2 weeks to reach the completed results.
- Anti-wrinkle injections are a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last approximately 3 or 4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months.
The Information provided is for reference only please consult with your provider if you require medical advice regarding BOTOX.